Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Heroes and relativity

I don't want to make this a theme, but I really feel like complaining about Heroes right now.

If you haven't seen last night's episode (Season 3 Episode 13 - Dual), then you might not want to read this. I'll try to keep spoilers to a minimum, but I need to spoil a little bit to get my point across.

Last night's episode wasn't bad, but their physics were horrible. I am always more than willing to suspend my belief for a good story. I love the super powers--flight, time travel, all that weird stuff Sylar and Peter can do, etc.. If you're going to explain how the powers work though, at least tell us something acceptable. Maybe Daphne's ability is related to time. Maybe she can move really fast because she's really just slowing time down. Maybe when coupled with Ando's new power she can manipulate time even better and is able to travel back and forth through time.

Don't feed us a bunch of crap about how she can travel through time because she runs so fast that she can travel through time. The theory of relativity doesn't work that way, so don't tell us that it does. Find some other way to tell the story. You can let Daphne time travel without lying to us about physics.

Here's to a new season of Heroes. May it be better than the last couple of seasons.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you!!!! You are the only other person I have talked to that understands you can't travel backwards in time according to relativity. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!